ELITE MEMBER
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 100 Posts

Default How to Remove Hard Water Stains in a Toilet

Baking Soda and Vinegar

Baking soda and vinegar are two of the most useful common household products that can be used to clean many things, including hard water stains in the toilet.

1. Pour about a cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush. Let it sit for about a minute.
    2. Then add about 1 cup (amount doesnít need to be exact) of baking soda to the toilet bowl and follow it by adding another cup or two of vinegar.
    3. Allow about 10 minutes for the fizzing action to work.
    4. Use a toilet brush to swish the solution around the bowl, making sure to get the solution onto any stains that are above the water line. Donít flush the toilet.
    5. Let the vinegar and soda solution sit a while. Then, try scrubbing away any remaining stains.

Tip: While you have the baking soda and vinegar out, use them to give the bathroom sink drain a boost with some homemade drain cleaner.

Borax and Vinegar

Borax is a great multi-purpose cleaning product that can be effectively used to clean hard water stains in the toilet and other plumbing fixtures.

1. Pour 1/4 cup of Borax into the toilet bowl and swish it around with a toilet brush.
    2. Then add 1 cup of vinegar and allow the mixture to sit in the bowl for about 20 minutes.
    3. Finish by scrubbing the bowl with a toilet brush to remove hard water stains.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcsapinoso For This Useful Post:

bkreader (08-25-2017), haysred (10-03-2018), nanrace (08-25-2017)

Thanks

Thank you for the tip! I could never get rid of the hard water stains by just using clorox

Thanks

Thanks for the borax tip. I haven't had much luck with the vinegar and baking soda.

☆☆☆VIP☆☆☆
    Thanks

I have a bachelor friend that uses coca cola in the toilet and he swears that it works great.

Thanks

Thanks so much! What great tips!

☆☆☆VIP☆☆☆
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dianejay2000 View Post
    I have a bachelor friend that uses coca cola in the toilet and he swears that it works great.
    Oddly enough, coca cola has so many practical uses it's kind of unsettling to think about drinking it once you find out all it can be used for, lol.
    I've used it to remove rust off of tools, mold/mildew off of my deck, and to remove the junk that builds up between the wire connection and the battery of my SUV. Also? Adding the lemon juice from real lemons to coke makes it even more effective

Thread Information